CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Christmas in February

I set out new toys for Free Centers today, some from my kit and others from school storage. You would have thought my kids died and went to heaven. I had girls foaming at the mouth to play with the Polly Pockets, and my boys were absolutely enthralled with the Motorworks set. Everyone was gaga for our new cash register, play money, and grocery cart full of housekeeping toys. I'm thrilled that my students are getting to enjoy some of the "classic elements" of a kindergarten class. I'm looking forward to seeing them with the Dress Up center.

Best part of the day: Mr. "I-just-can't- do-it" tied his shoes ON HIS OWN! A much needed victory for this kid, and an awesome example of the little miracles I get to see everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment