It has been quite an interesting day.
Tomorrow is our Kindergarten Awards ceremony, so we spent a large part of our day finding our places on stage and rehearsing our songs. Corralling 80+ almost-first graders is quite a feat in itself, let alone two choreographed numbers. How ever, it went well, and I am so excited to see my not-so-little kids make themselves and their parents proud.
If performing on stage is not enough to rile up a class, today's class activity also involved painting. We read Little Cloud by Eric Carle and created our very own "little clouds" with blue construction paper, cotton balls, and white paint. They turned out fabulously. However, while creating the aforementioned clouds, we had an unexpected fire drill. Apparently, the heat from the cotton candy maker (PTA) next to our classroom was enough to set of the alarms for the entire school. While there was no actual fire, it was enough to get everyone's blood pumping. Although not perfect, we did a pretty good job getting everyone out and accounted for.
Today is also an "extreme weather" day in our state. I had recess duty, so I made it a point to keep my eye on the weather reports all day. As expected, we had indoor recess, and now I sit working on the awards ceremony slide show under a tornado watch (soon to be warning), for the second time in a two week period. Granted severe weather affords me time to hang out with friends at my old stomping grounds, but I'd rather not have had this happen the night before awards. Oh well, c'est la vie.
PreK Activities For Your Whiteboard
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment